Friday, January 31, 2020

Reflection


This week has been a time of reflection. We have ill elderly relatives. Candi’s not mine. I am the elderly relative in my family. Candi lost her only remaining Uncle this week. Her aunt, his wife, is in intensive care in the hospital, but she is improving. Candi’s mother left the hospital two weeks ago and is still rehabilitating, but she is showing signs of improvement. These relatives are in their mid-nineties. We reflect back on their lives and how they were intertwined with ours. Her aunt and uncle were like grandparents to our children as they were the only relatives living close to us in Texas. In addition to relatives, I was reflecting on the fact they entered my family 50 years ago today when I married into theirs. The last 50 years have brought many changes, job changes, career changes, location changes, children, and grandchildren. I am thankful to have survived and often prospered through it all. We still have tomorrow to look forward to and the day after and after. Most of all, I am thankful for that wonderful girl who said, “I do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment