Thursday, January 30, 2020

Where did the day go?


Did you ever stop in the evening and think, “I was really busy today, but what did I do?” I was really busy today. I made a list of everything I could remember doing today and then labeled them as activities or accomplishments. I got up and took a shower (activity). I helped make breakfast (accomplishment). Ate breakfast (activity). I put shoes on (activity). I put my jacket and hat on (activity). We drove to Home Depot (activity). Paid a bill (accomplishment). Purchased wall switches (activity and accomplishment). Drove to Dollar Tree and Candi purchased cards (activity for me accomplishment for her). We went to Lowes to look for an outlet and looked at planters (activity). We drove to Ace Hardware to look for an electrical outlet and metal tape (activity and accomplishment). We stopped for lunch at Shogun (activity and accomplishing a full stomach). I won’t go on. The remainder of the day was a continuation. It was filled with minor activities and a few achievements. Most of our days are like this unless we have a goal or objective. 

My days are lost in minutia unless I make a plan and stick to it. What do we want to accomplish? Do we have any grand and compelling goals? Have we written them down and created a plan to accomplish these goals? Have we analyzed what we are doing and eliminated (or at least reduced) the things that are preventing us from reaching our potential?

Yesterday there was no post. I drove eight hours to see my bride for our 50th wedding anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment