Monday, January 13, 2020

Superlatives.


Already this is a year of superlatives and it is only the 13th day of the new year. I got a flu shot today, and the pharmacist said it was the worst flu season ever. Listen to the news. It is the worst fire season ever in California, which is nothing compared to Australia. In Australia, there have been over a billion animals killed. Yes, B not M. According to the news, Venice, Italy, has had the most flooding ever. They have had a 100-year flood every year and now several times a year. We have had more mass shootings this last year than ever before. All of these are negative things that make the news. Positive news is not news. How often do you hear that someone did something good. The only thing I can remember, and yes, my memory is not as good as it once was, is that people have been leaving tips in the denominations fo 2020. Most $20.20, but there is occasionally a tip of $2020.00. There have even been reports of a tip of $20,200. It is nice to hear, but why only now. Shouldn’t we be concerned about our fellows all year? Will all this fade in the next few weeks? I have more than many others. Should I be worried about them? I read that Jeff Bezos gave $690,000 for Australian fire relief, less than he makes in 5 minutes. If this is the standard for giving, I only need to give $5 to match Bezos. And how much has Trump given? Yet he shows up at the final college football game to enormous cheers. At what expense to both you and me? Darn. I did not want to go there again. Sorry. Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment