Thursday, January 9, 2020

A final finish and a new start


Yesterday, I finished a research paper and sent it to my co-author. I thought I was finished with it. He called today and suggested we need to make additional changes (read demanded that I make changes that he wanted.) So OK. Not today, but tomorrow. Actually, the changes are quite small and really inconsequential. So, me being passive-aggressive and really kind of petty, I am not going to do them until tomorrow. I will get the changes completed tomorrow because the next day, I drive back to Stillwater to start class on Tuesday. The university begins the Spring semester on Monday, but I have classes on Tuesday and Thursday. I will use the time between now and Tuesday to review and decide what changes to make, what worked and what did not work last semester. A new semester and 600+ new students makes for a challenging January.

Follow up. I did make the changes and sent it to my co-author. He submitted it to a journal. We can hope that it gets accepted. If it does not, I may just post it on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment