Sunday, January 26, 2020

Social Media


The social media platforms are changing. It was Facebook and still is for those over 50 years old. Obviously, those who think they are important and have important things to say use twitter. Twitter users seem to be either politicians or those commenting on politicians. It is realty difficult to understand how someone could think that firing a person through a tweet is acceptable, and yet he occupies the White House. This week I asked my students what social media platforms they used. The answers were Instagram, twitter, or TikTok. The latter was new to me. I Googled it. TikTok is a Chinese social media platform. I asked my 13-year-old grandson what social media platform he and his peers used. I was told Instagram and TikTok. I am not familiar with TikTok so I will have to join and understand how it works. It was interesting that teenagers do not use Facebook or Twitter. I am concerned that they use a social media platform that is controlled by China. Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment