Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Back for 2020


Back from vacation and recovered from the flu (unfortunately, it was not just a cold.) It is New Year’s Day 2020. A new year and a new decade! The time for hope renewed, which is evidenced by new year’s resolutions. The news this morning said that the most popular ones are to lose weight and exercise more, and they typically last until the second week of February. I thought that was very optimistic; I would have guessed the second week of January. Candi makes the same resolution every year and keeps it. She resolves not to make any resolutions.

I have been considering what to resolve for 2020. I really need to stop to think before speaking, fast to quip and regret later. I want to continue getting better at writing and, therefore, continue this blog. I hope to lower my stress levels, but I am not sure how to go about it. Perhaps, stress would be lower if I did not listen to news broadcasts? My stress levels might be lower if I only worried about things that I can control? How do we know what control we really have? How much can one vote count? How much can one opinion affect the actions or others? Does it matter if we express our views to our Congressman and Senators? I think I will work to lower my stress levels by sharing the viewpoints that cause me stress with those who have a direct vote in Washington. If it serves to raise their stress levels, good. Perhaps they will remember that they are Americans first, Republicans second, and did not take an oath to support Trump like they did to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment