Saturday, December 21, 2019

Gender Inequality and Shopping


I came home from school and immediately came down with a cold. Candi came home yesterday after visiting her mother with a full-blown cold. She slept most of the afternoon and then slept most of the evening in her chair in front of the television. Then she slept all through the night, something that rarely happens. Today she looks better and I think she feels better than I do. Not fair. Females are definitely the stronger gender. If you don’t believe that, just ask one.

This is super Saturday, one of the busiest shopping days of the year. I did not leave the house and will not leave it until we go to the airport on Monday. I plan all Christmas gifts in October. I buy most of them online with free shipping. If anyone wants their presents wrapped, they can wrap them. I do not like crowds. I do not like trying to find what I want in a store where the aisles are so crowded you cannot get from one end to the other. Do you enjoy walking a half-mile from your parking spot to the store? I do not. This year may be an exception after Christmas. I also avoid stores the days after Christmas, the time for returns. This year we are going to see our grandsons for Christmas (and their parents too.) One is a teenager and one is almost there. Their major gift is to go shopping, by themselves, with Grandma and Grandpa to buy the one thing that they really wanted but did not get. I know they will like this. I know I should and hope I do. This is the last blog until we return after Christmas. Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment