Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Live or die


This time of year makes me think of death and dying. I am not sure why. It could be the days are getting shorter, the trees have lost all their leaves, and all of the grasses are dormant and brown. The people I have lost come to mind, both friends and relatives. My friend Jeff that died all too early at only 48 years old. My mother and grandfather who both died at age 86. My mother-in-law is recovering from cancer surgery, and my wife is there to keep her focused on living and not giving up. I wonder how much time I have left. I remember  Dylan Thomas,

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

All of the news channels have specials on who we lost this year. We, my wife’s famiIy, lost Walter and Marie this year. Walter was 101 and Marie was 97. They had a long, happy life. I think we (I) need to stop thinking about the end of life and concentrate on living life every day. I am working on this, but it is a work in progress. Please join me for the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment