Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Another Day


I am thankful for another day. It is not like I have anything wrong with me, just the normal aches and pains that tell us we are still alive. An occasional cramp in my hand, especially after hours on the computer with too much mouse use. A sore ankle for which I have no idea how I might have hurt it. When that happens, I tend to worry about Alzheimer’s, but then realize that if I can worry about it, I probably don’t have it. I suppose I could go to a doctor and get checked out, and maybe I should, but it has been almost 15 years since I have seen a doctor. I take no drugs unless you count adult beverages. (I am really looking forward to visiting many Irish pubs this coming Summer.) I figure that if I go to a doctor, they will want to prescribe several types of medications for real or imaginary ailments/diseases. When I read the fine print in all of the ads for drugs on TV or online or in print, the side effects of the medications are worse than what they are trying to cure. So as long as I can sleep well, even if I wake at four am because my mind has started working, I will stay far far away from the medical community. I always figured that when my time on this turn in life is over, it will be over. For now, I will start to think about the next thing and try to keep from watching the news coming out of Washington. I think the next thing is some meditation and trying to keep awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment