Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Too much news


I tried to swear off watching news, especially political news. I failed. I watched too many of the hearings and too many talking heads. They are on the television constantly and almost impossible to avoid. Yes, I could have turned off the television and notifications on my smartphone and Ipad. I failed at that also. The other night I had a dream or was it a nightmare? After weeks of hearing the President rail against the hearings as fake, as improper, as ignoring his perfect call with the Ukraine President, I went to bed. I dreamed that the President was criticizing everyone who was out to get him, so he declared himself the King of the USA. When he did that, the Senate voted unanimously to impeach him. When they went to swear in the Vice-President, he resigned, saying he did not sign up for that job. Then they swore in the Speaker of the House as the President. The former President, now the self-proclaimed King, refused to leave the White House and surrounded himself with white supremacists to protect the king and what he now called the White Castle. They were serving everyone little square hamburgers. Thank goodness, I woke up. The first thing I did was to go online and check the news and see if it really was a dream. I am still trying to ignore what is going on in USA politics, just still not very successfully. If you can do that successfully, please let me know your secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment