Monday, December 16, 2019

Away and Ill


Finally, away from campus and home. The first thing that happens is I have a cold. None illness the entire semester, even though it seemed like we had epidemics on campus. It makes it difficult to get excited about the projects that seem to have piled up. These are projects like replacing the door springs on the dishwasher. I ordered parts and they sent me the wrong parts. When I called to inquire, I found that they don’t even stock the correct part. Now the parts have to go back and new parts ordered. I can’t get enthused because the dishwasher now won’t reset. So it may need more parts or replacement. I hate to think about replacement because it is only six years old and it is a Bosch. Then later today the garbage disposer decided to die. It is over six years old and only had a two-year warranty. So it is not an unexpected replacement. Tomorrow we will get a new disposer at one of the two home repair stores in Brenham. Maybe we can get that all done and still have time to see a movie in the afternoon. It is dark, cold, and windy outside. Days are still getting shorter. We still have five days until the shortest day of the year. Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment