Saturday, February 22, 2020

Slip and fall.


A couple of weeks ago, it was raining when I went to campus. As I was coming in, I met my colleague Dave and his huge umbrella. When we got to our building, we were cautious about getting the water off of us and our shoes. The building has a very high gloss floor that, when wet, is extremely slippery. We got on the elevator and went to our floor, the fourth floor. We were walking down the hall toward our offices and BAM!! Before I knew anything, I was on my back on the floor. Evidently, I stepped on a wet spot. After lying there for a minute or two, I took an inventory. Nothing was broken, but likely a few sore muscles and strained ligaments, especially since my left lower leg was bent almost 180 degrees. It doesn’t normally bend that far. I managed to get up and walk to my office. I let my boss know about the fall. Then, I heard from HR. They needed an accident report. So, I went to HR and filled out the accident report. Several days later, I got an email from the person that investigates accidents. He made an appointment and came to my office and needed to see where it happened and took my statement and pictures. I thought this was over until the next Monday morning I got an email from him. He asked if I had the university’s slip and fall training. My response, “No. I already know how to slip and fall.”

No comments:

Post a Comment