Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Do early primaries make sense?


After binge-watching the news over the last week, where we had the drama of the Iowa caucus and the New Hampshire primary, I have to ask what does it matter. The first two states are small, have a majority of white voters, have little diversity, and do not not reflect the diversity of the country. It begs the question, why are these two states the first? The second question is, who cares? Yet we have candidates dropping out of the race after two states. Perhaps that is a good thing. Is it reasonable to have over twenty candidates running for the Democratic ticket? It should be obvious that the country needs a change in the White House. We have a president who is out of control. He has the Attorney General doing his bidding like a personal attorney and interfering in the judicial process by changing sentencing recommendations.

We need to change the nominating process. Bloomberg is ignoring the first four small state primaries. I am thinking that this makes sense. Go for super Tuesday and then the Democratic nomination should be transparent and the country can understand who can replace the reality TV star in the White House. Yes, I said reality TV star. I have never watched a reality TV show. I am sure that I am in a small minority in this country. I admit that I don’t understand the attraction to reality TV. In the last year, I have researched reality TV. I am no closer to understanding the appeal, but it is clear that this country is being run like a reality TV show. The only difference seems to be that a reality TV show has a script, the country is without a script and directed by an egomaniac. He seems to be back in his reality TV show, firing people that will not bow down to him. What has happened to the Republicans in congress? Are they really so spineless that they are willing to allow the violations to the Constitution that they gave the oath to uphold?

No comments:

Post a Comment