Friday, November 15, 2019

OMG!


I don’t often take time to watch the news as it is happening. Most of the time, I read about it later, and I am probably subjected to some kind of partisan drift depending on the news source. Today I watched Ambassador Maria Yovanovitch’s testimony in real-time. OMG. I could not believe that the president (notice lower case type) would attempt to bully her during her testimony. Have we really dropped so low that we can think this is alright? I do not know what we need to do to fix this country, but I know it needs to be fixed. Can we just be nice to each other? Can we say that I disagree with your position, but I defend your right to have it? Can we make compromises a good thing instead of my way or the highway? I don’t know if we as a nation can. I know that I will in all my interactions with collegues and students. I pledge to think about this in all my interpersonal interactions. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment