Wednesday, April 1, 2020

How can we connect with students online?


Moving all students to online education has created a great learning opportunity. Not just for the students, but also for the teachers. The opportunity is to answer the question, how do we maintain personal contact with the students online and asynchronously? One way I do this is to weekly post a video where I review with the students the week’s assignment. I also check email at least twice every day. A quick response to any questions helps the students feel connected with me and the course. Today I sent an email to all of my former Face-to-Face students that asked them to take the attached pop quiz. When they opened the “quiz”, it said, “Happy April Fool’s Day.” Within minutes I started getting emails. The prank was appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment