Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Canceled. Darn!


Rick Steves notified us today that our trip to Ireland is canceled because of the Covid-19 pandemic. At least, Rick Steves will be sending a 100% reimbursement. Other tour operators are only giving credit for future travel. My sister had a tour to Italy scheduled with Grand Circle. Grand Circle changed its refund policy before canceling the trip from a refund to future credit.

Now we need to cancel the air and hotel portions of the trip that we added on our own. It sounds like a task for tomorrow. The pandemic is destroying the tour and travel industry, which includes airlines, restaurants, hotels, car rentals, and shuttles in addition to tour operators and travel agents.

I notified the airlines and hotels that our tour company canceled our trip to Ireland. One hotel is issuing a full refund. One hotel has not responded yet. The airline sent a case number. Hopefully, we will get a full refund. I will cancel the trip insurance if I get refunds from everyone. Otherwise, I will let the trip insurance make us whole. What a disappointment it is to have to stay home this summer. At least we are healthy. I just want to get out. It is so bad that I offered to relocate the opossum that Candi caught in here Havahart trap. I gave that possum the ride of its life going to the country and got to exercise the 370Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment