Thursday, March 5, 2020

Fake News


I keep reading about fake news, misinformation, and hoaxes on the Internet created by fake people. I wondered how easy it is to create fake news on social media. So I first opened the Tor browser, which prevents people from tracing your IP address. I looked at Twitter and found that I needed an email address to create a Twitter account. So I went to Hotmail.com and created an email account using a fake name. I then went to Twitter and created an account. I can now Tweet to the White House Tweeter with no one able to identify me. I thought about creating a Facebook account or Instagram account in my new fake persona, but lost interest in the exercise. This took about five minutes. Of course, I already had the Tor browser from a previous look at the dark web. It would take a few minutes more if you needed to download the Tor browser. https://www.torproject.org/download/  You would be shocked at what you can find on the dark web.

No comments:

Post a Comment