Saturday, March 6, 2010

An interesting day.

It has been an interesting day. I spent most of it writing/revising my personal development plan. What in the world is that? It is an effort to convince my new employer to support my research. Translated that means to assign me to teach fewer classes so I can continue my research. I may have to sell my financial reporting fraud model. Worse could happen.

I was working on my dissertation today and looked at the word count. Jenifer wrote 50,000 words in a month. My dissertation is just shy of 25,000 words that I wrote over a twelve month period. I have trouble putting that in perspective. My dissertation will be posted for the world to see. Jenifer will not share her thoughts other than on her blog. I suspect her thoughts are very valuable, she is. I feel good because my journey to a doctorate is coming successfully to an end. Even though I have had many ends to passages in my life, it is still scary. What will happen next? I do not know. We take one day at a time. It is really difficult to take days two at a time like we do stairs. If you figure out how to take days two at a time let me know. There are times that I would like to do that.

Life is scary because tomorrow is unknown. We can only live in the present even though we seem to keep our thoughts on the future or the past. I stop every now and then to remind myself that I need to be in the present. It helps. If only I could do it all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment