Saturday, March 20, 2010

I am watching NC2A basketball tournament and remembering a time I played basketball. I was a freshman in high school and not yet the shortest person in my class. The coach kept telling me that cross body blocking was not allowed. Watching today, it seems to be ok if you are large, but not small. The coach also said that holding on to the opposing players shorts when he jumped up was not ok. There were too many rules that were subjective. Basketball is a good preparation for life. Subjective rules and too many violations not acknowledged.

The idea that we need healthcare reform is like basketball. Too many subjective rules, too many players violating the rules and no "Impartial Referee" to blow the whistle.

If you have not expressed your view to your elected representative and senator, please do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment