Thursday, April 17, 2014

Spring 2014

The spring 2014 semester is almost over. My students are taking their last exam today. Only one project and the final to go. That said they still have 35% of the the total grade yet to come. Some of us have had a rough semester, with surgeries, death of family and friends and auto accidents causing many missed days of class, exams, and projects. Yet this semester, the average grade in my classes is a high "B", well above the university target for my classes. I would like to think that I get the best students and am becoming a better teacher each semester. It will be very interesting to see my class evaluations.

In many ways this has been an especially difficult semester for me with many rejections, several papers, job applicationswith no response, and campus visits with no response. On the upside, my current department chair wants me to return in the fall, and my dental implant and nasal lift went very well. In a month I will be headed back to Texas to spend the summer with my beautiful wife of 44 years. All in all, life is good. It is important to live in the present, we cannot live in the past or in the future. Many people ruin their lives by brooding on past offenses and problems or anticipating what is to come that they have no control over. Peace to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment