Sunday, June 3, 2012

Excerpt from The Gospel of Stephen King by John Blake, CNN June 2, 2012: 
“I’ve always tried to contrast that bright, white light of real goodness or Godliness against evil,” he (Stephen King) said in a 1988 interview. “I’m not a proselytizer, and I hate organized religion. I think it’s one of the roots of real evil that’s in the world. If you really unmask Satan, you’ll probably find that he’s wearing a turnaround collar.”
This has been my experience with organized religion, just better said. It goes part of the way to explain the drop off in church attendance over the last several decades. We see terrorism in the name of God in Ireland, in the name of Allah, Shiites killing Sunni, priests abusing children, fundamentalists reviling GLBT, arguments over what marriage is, who can adopt children, and many other instances of bigotry in the name of a god. Isn't it time for us to grow up and be tolerant of everyone instead of building fences to keep immigrants out. Fences in the USA, Sudan, Brazil, Palestine, Iran, Pakistan, Korea, and many other countries in the world. I am tired of the attitude that my religion is the only correct religion. How can anyone begin to think that, yet, how many do?

No comments:

Post a Comment